STRATEGY FOR THE DIGITAL ECONOMY
This programme is designed as a short transformative executive course that aims to teach participants how value is created and how to develop strategies in the digital economy. Using analytical tools such as Argyris' learning loops and the Cynefin framework, participants will develop their critical thinking to better evaluate opportunities, capture value, and master their own development needs.
- The course will have a minimal impact on working time, with one module per month (3 months total). A module is 16 hours of face-to-face interaction on Friday afternoon (2 pm - 8 pm) and Saturday (9 am - 7 pm).
- Delivered by Dr. Andrew Taylor (Visiting Senior Fellow in Management at the University of Suffolk, Managing Director Transilvania Executive Education) together with international and Romanian experts. The course will be delivered face-to-face, with some guest speakers joining through electronic platforms.
- Immediately applicable strategies and business skills.
- Hands-on approach, with assignments and pre-reading between sessions.
Middle management / team lead/ head of department:
- the next generation of leaders in your organisation
- searching to learn directly applicable skills to be used in business and professional activity
- looking for quality educational programs
- interested in professional growth
- with ambition to drive change
International experts from various British Universities, with more than 20 years of academic and business experience, such as:
- Prof. David Collins - University of Northumbria, UK
- Dr. Amanda Gregory - University of Hull, UK
- Prof. Steve Armstrong - University of Lincoln, UK
- Dr. Elesa Zehndorfer - University of Roehampton, UK
- Dr. Adam Bronstone - Project Management Consultant, the US
- Prof. David Grant - University of Hanken, Finland
National and international experts from various business domains, together with the Executive MBA alumni community from Romania and abroad:
- Gabriel Crețu - CEO & founder @Evozon
- Ligia Cremene - business consultant
- Daniel Lar - Managing Director @Yonder
- Alina Negru - General Manager @Emerson
- Voicu Oprean - CEO @AROBS Transilvania
- Andrei Mocan - SVP Delivery @Endava
- Gabriela Nistor - Deputy CEO - Head of Retail @Banca Transilvania
- Daniel Farmache - CEO @E-Infra
and Executive MBA alumni from Romania and abroad.
MODULE 1. SEEING THE WAVE: VALUE CREATION & STRATEGY
This module provides a solid foundation in:
- A structured approach to thinking, enabling participants to identify patterns and trends, think strategically about relationships between cause and effect and go beyond the usual reactive task driven approach of most executives.
- An essential understanding of economics to inform strategic thinking.
- An understanding of key models of strategy, with practical use of case studies to ensure that application is understood.
MODULE 2. DIGITAL WAVES ARE DIFFERENT: SYSTEMS & COMPLEXITY
The second module aims to immerse participants in one of the most heated topics of this decade: value shift from products & processes to networks and a network economy.
The digital shift has profound consequences for how we think about strategy and even more fundamentally how we define the work of managers in supporting and capturing financial value.
This endeavour will be accompanied by:
- practical examples and discussions based on HBR articles
- outside speakers describing how disruptive technology has affected strategy and value creation in their organisations.
MODULE 3. RIDING THE WAVE: LEADERSHIP, CULTURE & ORGANISATION
The third module is designed to widen participants' knowledge of different organisational structures and the consequences for how value is created and how we define ‘good’ management.
Since strategies are not only about numbers, and the stories have the potential to revive an entire business, this module aims to introduce students to key models of leadership, principles of storytelling and models of how to lead change.
A key component of this will be thinking about the impact of both digital and pandemic disruption on the organisation of work, such as working from home, use of technology platforms to interact & collaborate and how to manage a hybrid organisation.
RAMPING UP THE WAVE
All the modules are designed as a practical exercise for the participants. We will invite participants to work on case studies drawn from recent international & Romanian situations, being supported by mentors and speakers.
*e.g. How to manage a hybrid organization resulting from working from home? How to move up the value chain from outsourcing as an organization/ personally?
At the end of each module, participants will be required to prepare an assignment until the next module in order to show their ability to apply the newfound knowledge and skills.
THE 3RD COHORT STARTS
ON 7TH OF OCTOBER 2022!
ON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE, YOU’LL WALK AWAY WITH:
- Leadership capabilities to make informed business decisions, and lead with confidence through a complex and turbulent contemporary business context.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills to be able to identify trends and mobilise resources most effectively.
- A network of global professionals and an internationally accredited certificate from the University of Suffolk, UK.
- Strategy-focused skills that enable you to engage in global markets in a strategic manner to leverage your organisation’s competitive advantages.
THE 3RD COHORT STARTS
ON 7TH OF OCTOBER 2022!
PROGRAMME ENDORSED BY:
How many participants will there be in the programme?
The maximum number of participants for one group is 20.
What will be the impact on working time?
The programme will have a minimal impact on working time, with one module per month (3 months total). A module is 16 hours of f2f interaction on Friday (2 pm - 8 pm) and Saturday (9 am - 7 pm), every 3 weeks. The starting date of the programme is the 29th of April (based on the fact that the minimum number of students will be reached).
What is a typical day’s schedule?
Each module will have 2 sessions, one on Friday (6 hours), starting from 14:00 until 20:00, and the second one on Saturday (10 hours) from 9:00 until 19:00.
Each class is structured in seminars and teamwork sessions with coffee breaks and lunch breaks.
Where will the courses take place?
The course will be delivered face-to-face, in Cluj-Napoca, with some guest speakers joining through electronic platforms.
If I do not have an undergraduate degree, may I still participate in this programme?
Yes, you can. We are interested in your professional background and your ability to put into practice the strategies learned during this course. An academic degree is therefore not necessarily required.
Is the programme accredited?
Yes, the programme is internationally accredited by the University of Suffolk. The quality of the delivery and content is based upon the experience of the facilitators and guest speakers. The emphasis of this programme is upon immediate applicability, rather than a broader and longer MBA type programme.
If you wish to apply for an Executive MBA programme, please check out the Executive MBA offer on our website.
Will I get a graduation certificate?
Yes, the University of Suffolk will provide you with an internationally accredited certificate upon completion of the programme.
Do you offer group or other special discounts?
We have a special price for the third class of students. Discounts will apply to more than 3 participants from the same company, and to companies that sent participants to previous cohorts.
What are my payment options?
The fee can be paid online, after TEE issues the invoice (personal or on a company). The full price will be paid before the first module of the programme.
What is included in the tuition fee?
The tuition fee covers the cost for the delivery of the programme, online access to teaching materials and speakers, coffee breaks during teaching days and refreshments.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you cancel up to one week before you start the first session, we will refund your fee in full. Thereafter, we no longer refund fees.