This year, on the 5th of September the 4th and 5th generations of the Hull University Executive MBA students in Romania will celebrate the completion of the program with a graduation ceremony that will take place in Cluj-Napoca. The event will bring together former graduates, current students, and partners of the only 100% British Executive MBA program in Romania.
The success of EMBA graduates from 2020-2021 will be celebrated with a ceremony, followed by a small networking event. Due to the restrictions imposed by the epidemiological situation, it was not possible to organize a ceremony in 2020, so this year's ceremony is a symbolic moment for the last 2 generations who completed the program.
The 34 managers and entrepreneurs from Romania, the Republic of Moldova and the United Kingdom went through the program in 2018-2021, studying a module in the UK, and the rest of the modules in Romania and other locations where the Hull University Executive MBA is offered. The pandemic has forced us though to organize the teaching in an online format in the past year and a half, but students have remained resilient and continued. Half of those who completed the courses in this generation obtained "Distinction" - the highest grade that can be attained.
The graduation event will take place at the Emerson headquarters. Emerson is one of the companies that has constantly supported this program, and as part of the series of anniversary events that mark their 15 years of activity in Cluj, the graduation event will be organized in their location.
“For us, investing in education is a continuous strategic direction and an element that defines us as a company. We do this both through internal development programs and by supporting and developing external programs, in several areas such as leadership, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), mentoring, which address different needs and audiences. Over 25 of our colleagues have graduated or are currently graduating from the Executive MBA program here at Transylvania Executive Education and we are extremely pleased to host at our headquarters the graduation event for the last 2 generations of graduates and to continue supporting this valuable program," says Alina Negru, General Manager, Emerson Romania.
An achievement that is worth mentioning is the publication in April of a collective volume of business research conducted by the EMBA graduates and entitled “Shaping the Future. A manifesto of the Romanian future business artisans”, which sums up their best dissertations. These papers capitalize on both the practical experience of students and the theoretical concepts learned throughout the EMBA modules. This book is useful both for current students attending the Executive MBA program of Hull University, serving as a good starting point and guideline for projects related to the program, as well as for students from Cluj universities. In this volume students can find papers written by practitioners from different fields: strategy, people and organizations, technology and entrepreneurship, innovation, and ethics, and learn about the business and economic dynamics in the region.
Andrew Taylor, Managing Director, Transylvania Executive Education (TEE): "We are very proud of the two generations of graduates. Half of them graduated with "distinction", which indicates the seriousness and dedication of managers in Romania and their desire to excel. Moreover, one of our students received an award for the best dissertation not only in Romania, but also in all EMBA programs of Hull University. In addition, in each group we had students who received various awards for their academic activity during their studies. This makes us have feelings of joy and satisfaction when we see the determination of Romanian managers to rise to global standards of excellence. This is the reason why TEE continues its effort to maintain high standards and to create educational opportunities for Romanian managers.”
The business school that runs this EMBA program in Cluj-Napoca was launched in 2015, through a partnership between The University of Hull, Babeş-Bolyai University, Banca Transilvania and Electrogrup. Transilvania Executive Education, the organization that runs the program in Romania, represent the center of network of stakeholders that reunites Emerson, the Romanian-British Chamber of Commerce (BRCC), the Romanian-Dutch Chamber of Commerce (NRCC) and the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca. The program is internationally accredited by The Association of MBAs and The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Currently, there are over 30 managers and entrepreneurs, from top to middle management, from Romania and other countries, who are enrolled in the Hull University Executive MBA in Cluj-Napoca.
More information on www.teecluj.ro
About the Hull University EMBA partners:
- Transilvania Executive Education is a non-profit association whose role is to manage the Hull University EMBA, the only 100% British EMBA in Romania.
- The University of Hull is a higher education institution which has almost 90 years of tradition. Its portfolio includes 50 study programs, including management, medicine, social sciences and humanities, arts, etc. Every year, more than 20,000 students come to study at the University of Hull.
- Babeş-Bolyai University: Founded in 1581, Babeş-Bolyai University is the oldest university in Romania with a long tradition in education, research and in serving the local community. Currently, UBB is the largest university in the country, with more than 44,600 students enrolled in bachelor's, master's and doctorate, in 516 study programs delivered in Romanian, Hungarian, German, English, French. The university was ranked among the top three universities in Romania in terms of the quality of its programs.
- The Technical University of Cluj-Napoca (UTCN) is one of the elite university of Romania, representing a pole of academic and scientific excellence, unanimously recognized regionally, nationally and internationally. The complex structure gives our university a strong regional dimension, which personalizes and differentiates it essentially from other universities in the country, the UTCN brand being in fact the brand of technology, advanced scientific research, innovation, and artistic creation, which makes it one of the most important higher education institutions in Romania.
- Banca Transilvania is the largest bank in Romania, according to its assets. BT has over 8,000 employees, 500 offices and over 3 million customers. The bank's strategy is supported by international shareholders, such as the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. Banca Transilvania has been rated as the most valuable Romanian brand, according to Brand Finance 2019.
- Electrogrup: With over 22 years of experience, Electrogrup provides complete solutions for energy infrastructure, telecommunications, industrial and civil engineering, and smart-city design, nationally and internationally. The company is part of the E-INFRA group, one of the largest business groups in Romania, which includes 5 companies and over 600 employees, with an annual turnover of over 100 million euros.
- Emerson is a technology and engineering company, founded in 1890 in St. Louis. Louis, Missouri, USA that creates innovative solutions for its customers with a major impact on critical areas of life such as: combating food waste, home comfort, IIoT, renewable energy or efficient use of natural resources. In Cluj-Napoca and at the additional location in Gilău, the company has 3 European multi-disciplinary business centers and 8 engineering and production units with over 2,900 employees who have extensive expertise in multiple fields, including: engineering, research and development, IT, customer service, financial etc.